The university has added more students and have updated the list. A few more Canadians have been added. I’ve updated the previous post as well to reflect the added students. For the other countries, you can check it out on the university’s website: LINK
As you may have noticed, some countries are not included in the current list that was released. An example would be Jamaica. On the university’s page, there is an announcement that says that the rest of the names will be released soon (pic attached below). The question is whether it’s just names of people from those omitted countries, or more names for all countries.
Alhamdulillah, one of the brothers received his acceptance letter in the mail. So don’t despair. In sha Allah you will get it soon if you haven’t already gotten it.
The same brother said: In case you’re asked by any brother who hasn’t gotten the letter of no objection yet, they can get it by calling the canadian embassy in riyadh and contacting someone in the consular services section at 01196614882288. All they would have to do is e-mail a copy of their passport to them after explaining what the letter needs to say and the embassy will send them the letter through the mail. I did this the day before yesterday and was told that the letter had already been sent yesterday.
I also got the same letter 2 years ago. In my case however, it got to me after I was in Madinah already. It explicitly says the Islamic University of Madinah, unlike the letter from the consulate in Jeddah which is very broad in its meaning. I’ve attached the letter I got from the embassy in Riyadh.
May Allah make the procedure easy for you and get you into the blessed city of Madinah soon.
The sponsor in Saudi Arabia must apply for a visa authorization through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Once the request is granted, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will send the authorization directly to the Consular Section. The sponsor must provide the applicant with the authorization date, the number and copy of the visa slip.
1. Visa application form (Typed out or hand written in block letters).
2. A valid passport for 1 year at least from the application date including the place of birth (Original & one copy).
3. Three (3) recent passport size (4 cm x 6 cm) photographs stapled on the application formand the medical form.
4. Letter of Sponsorship from the Saudi sponsor (university) certified by the university & indicating the authorization number & the date.
5. Degree/ Diploma , transcripts all certified by The Department of Foreign Affairs of Canada Tel: (613) 995-0119 (two authenticated copies from The Department of Foreign Affairs of Canada)
6. Medical report and attach all test results & have the report certified by the college of physicians of the issuing province (Original Only). You MUST confirm with your doctor that you have all required test results INCLUDING (HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and C).
7. Police clearance report. (Original Only)
8. Non-Canadian applicants must submit a valid residency permit (permanent resident card). (Send only copy of front and back of the PR card)
9. A photocopy confirmed airlines reservations must be submitted along with the application.
10. A statement or proof of religion.